This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Climate Governance Singapore Limited (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data when you either visit our website (the “Website”) or when you are a member and make use of our membership, forum and resource services (the “Services”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice: “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, employment status, employer’s name, designation, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
- Unless specified otherwise, all personal data requested by us is necessary for us to provide the Services or the Website, and failure to provide this personal data may prevent you from accessing our Website or using our Services. In cases where we specifically state that certain personal data is not necessary, you are free not to communicate this personal data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service. However, if you choose to provide further personal data, we will process it in accordance with this Notice.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: to provide the Services and the Website:(a) to provide our members with access to our Services;(b) to run climate change briefings, round tables, workshops and conferences with our partners;(c) to make available briefing materials, toolkits, films, and online courses to enable directors to develop their knowledge;(d) to provide a forum where directors can share experience and debate issues; (e) to provide you with information that you have requested; (f) to enable the Website to function efficiently; (g) to respond to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you; and (h) to analyse use of the Website. to manage our members: (i) to contact our members about their membership and with other relevant updates about Climate Governance Singapore Limited; (j) for internal membership administration purposes; and (k) to better understand our members and their needs/requirements. for marketing purposes if you have provided your written consent: (l) to send you marketing information about climate Governance Singapore Limited and our Services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other to comply with our legal obligations: (m) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; (n) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; (o) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and (p) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the
- We may disclose your personal data:(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the Services and Website requested by you;(b) to partners and associated organisations with whom we work to provide specialist support to our members, or with whom we co-host events. These organisations may process your personal data for their own purposes and we recommend that you review each of their privacy policies to understand how they process your personal data;(c) to the Climate Governance Singapore Limited board of directors whom have control over the affairs and property of Climate Governance Singapore Limited and are responsible for the management of Climate Governance Singapore Limited’s business. Your data will be managed in accordance with this Notice and all applicable laws and are such individuals will not be permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes;(d) to third party service providers (e.g. hosting providers, technical service providers and marketing and communications agencies), agents and other organisations who may, in the course of providing their services, receive and process personal data on our instruction and on the basis of a contractual data processing agreement. These service providers are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes; (e) to regulatory bodies such as any regulatory authority, government agency or law enforcement body with jurisdiction over our activities; or (f) at your own option, if you choose to share information with others as part of our community (e.g. if you provide your personal data in a publicly accessible community forum). You should be aware that personal data that you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your data and by using such services, you assume the risk that the personal data you provide may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to In general, we shall seek to process your request as soon as practicable upon receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our Services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 9
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data, including by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not intend to transfer your personal data to countries outside of However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
PRIVACY DATA BREACH OBLIGATIONS
- Please contact CGS if you become aware of any breach of security to our website or our provision of Services to you. If reasonable grounds establish that there has been a personal information security breach, we will comply with all our obligations and responsibilities under all relevant privacy laws, including any obligations to notify you and any relevant authorities of any security responsibilities under all relevant privacy laws, including any obligation to notify you of any security breach and take effective remedial action to protect your personal information.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.